Monday, October 8, 2007

Most Unbelievable Weekend!

A couple of monks at the Washington Monument
Our acolytes and leaders prepare for worship at the Cathedral

My baby in front of the World War II memorial World War II Memorial
The sun sets behind the Lincoln Memorial

Well, I had hoped to have the opportunity to post some pics and blog while I was in Washington, DC this past weekend. Well........the best laid plans and all that. We were sooooo busy all weekend. I've not walked so much in my whole life. Miles and miles and miles and the heat! Good Lord. I am sooo tired.



But, the trip was sooo worth it. Except for sleeping and showering, we weren't even in our rooms. We stayed on the go the entire time. The service on Saturday was a big overwhelming for me. When I saw the kids walking down the center aisle in full regalia, I totally lost it! I was never so proud in all my life. I bawled like a baby. How embarrassing? Oh well.



The cathedral is absolutely magnificent. The service was phenomenal.



I saw so many sites. I'm gonna post a bunch of pics just to give you an idea of what all I got to do and see.



If you EVER get the opportunity to worship at the National Cathedral...DO IT!



Here's my picture diary of the trip. (I'll not post all the pics because that would be nearly 200).

1 comment:

Joan Lucia-Treese said...

Kim~~ What wonderful photographs and a lifetime of memories!! It makes me a little homesick. But not enough to move back! LOL


Joan