Sunday, January 13, 2008

Busy Weekend

What a busy, busy weekend I've had.

Friday was my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. My brother and I prepared a really nice dinner with wine, champagne, the works. We kept it quiet and at my parent's house because of my Dad's poor health. It was really lovely.

After the dinner they opened gifts. I had been working for many months on putting together a DVD of my folks' lives together. It turned out really nice, if I say so myself. They were really moved by it and loved it. We all had a blast watching it. My brother's kids and my daughter really thought it was funny seeing photos of us as youngun's.

Saturday was spent recuperating from Friday night festivities. Then hubby, daughter and I went to the movies. We saw "Juno" -- daughter's choice. She LOVED it. Hubby and I did not. It put me in mind of "Napoleon Dynamite". Very strange and "different" movie.

Today I stayed home from church. My daughter was supposed to acolyte, but she wasn't feeling well. I decided to take the time to begin the chore of undecorating the house. I've gotten quite a bit done, but there's still plenty to do.

According to the weather reports, we're supposed to get some snow tonight. Unfortunately, it sounds like we'll be lucky to get flurries. Well, here's hoping for some white stuff. Maybe enough to go sled riding????

Oh, and did I mention that I'm reading a book for one of my classes this semester? (No sense in not getting a jump start on the work) It's a really good book. A very interesting, true story..."The Thread That Runs So True". It's as especially good read for anybody who is or who wants to become a teacher. It's also a good read if you like to read about rural Kentucky. It takes place way back when kids walked to school...in snow, rain, burning heat. Teachers were lucky to make $68 per month. It's a great, great story.

Well, guess my random thoughts are done.

1 comment:

EYouthWNY said...

Hey Kim,
glad you had a good time with your folks. Thanks for the e-mail the other day. I appreciate it. Yes, I know some of this was from getting "my ox gored" but the original conversation was SO infuriating. The second poster simply was dismissive and critical with not attempt to be helpful.

Not a way to get on my good side.

JP