Sunday, January 6, 2008

Roller Coaster

Well, some days are just better than others. Today was my last day off from work. I took two weeks off around Christmas and it's now time to head back to the job. I absolutely hate the idea. This has been one of the most bittersweet vacations. It allowed me time with my family at a very special time of year. It was also time that I will never get back again.

I've blogged about the health of my Dad and I'm sorry to report that he just isn't improving. I'm very, very glad I've been able to spend a little more time with him than usual. He's very tired and very weak. He doesn't feel well. He has zero energy. He looks like hell...very pale and weak.

I absolutely hate getting older. It just means my parents are aging as well and won't be with me for much longer. It also means my daughter is getting older and will "fly the coop" before I'm ready. Jesus, this getting older stuff sure ain't for sissies.

For part of my vacation, we rented a cabin/house with my brother and his family and my folks, in Gatlinburg. We were there for four days and included New Years. We had a GREAT time. This was the first time we ever did anything like this with the entire family. I know it meant a lot to my folks.

My parents will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary this Friday, January 11. We plan a quiet family meal at their home. My brother and I will prepare everything. It should be nice.

Well, back to work tomorrow, then back to school the following week. Whew...life just keeps on trucking by, huh?

If you're so inclined...please say a prayer for me and my family. I'm extraordinarily close to my Dad. This is a very difficult time. I know my Mom is scared even though she puts up a good front. Please pray that we can all face whatever may lie ahead for us in this journey called, LIFE.

Oh, and if you haven't done it lately, tell your spouse, your siblings, your children, your mate, your friends how much you love them.

No comments: