Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas

Yes, I see that I have not gotten my sentiment posted in time. Christmas is officially over on the East coast. (Well, Christmas Day, NOT the season of...)

Today was a bitter sweet day. My daughter had one of her best Christmases ever. She got everything she wanted -- and them some!!! She was so excited this morning. Wish you could have seen her tear through her packages. What a delight it is to see her so happy.

Then we went to my folks' for breakfast and opening of gifts. My Dad looks like....well, pretty pale and weak. He feels no better, but at least he's still here. I have a horrible feeling this was my last Christmas with him. I pray I am wrong. I pray the doctors can do "something". My Mom will be calling doctors first thing tomorrow to get him in to see SOMEBODY. He's just not doing well at all. He needs to be seen. They need to readjust his CRT. They need readjust his meds. They need to do SOMETHING!!!

Christmas Eve Midnight Mass was very nice. The choir's concert was.....well, less than stellar. It actually wasn't very good at all. I don't know what was wrong. Well, my folks weren't there and a soprano was missing. I don't know if their absences had anything to do with it or not, but the music was not up to par.

During the Prayers of the People, my dear friend (Bro), Lee mentioned my Dad's name whilst praying for the sick. He needs all the prayers he can get. It was very sweet of Lee to do that. I greatly appreciated it.

Today has been a very long, busy day full of trepidation. My father-in-law is in the end stages of his life. He's suffered for many years. They can no longer do anything else for him. My own father's health is really poor. Jeez.

But knowing that so many people are lifting us all up in prayer means more than anything. I want everyone who is praying to know that I really appreciate you. I can feel some strength from those prayers.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and that you have a happy, healthy, prosperous 2008.

No comments: