Sunday, December 23, 2007

Busy, busy times


Wow, what a busy time I've endured these last couple of weeks. Between work, finishing my Biology class, preparing for daughter's birthday party, preparing for the holidays, taking my Dad back to the hospital............

I'm VERY happy to report that I am now officially on vacation for the next two weeks! Yeah. Friday darn near killed me. Had to totally clean out my office (a couple in the church is gifting new carpet for my office!!!) Had to make final preparations for our Christmas Day dinner (which we offer to the community) and make sure all work was done for the next two weeks.

I'm now able to concentrate on time with the family. I am also able to concentrate on cleaning this nasty, nasty house. Haven't had time to really clean for several weeks. Now, is the time to shovel the sh!+ out and make it liveable again! Also hope to have some time for actually baking some cookies!

I'm very, very blessed with friends who "got my back". My dear friends Glenn Moore and Lee Davenport are manning the parish office whilst I'm away for the next couple of weeks.

I'm so exhausted from life, in general right now. I hope that I'm able to just "be" and enjoy. That's my plan, anyway.

If any of you reading my blog are so inclined, I'd love prayers for my Dad and my father-in-law. They are both in poor health. My Dad had to be taken back to the emergency room on Friday. Fortunately they readjusted his new pacemaker and we are hoping that will help him feel better. As for my father-in-law, he has been in a nursing home for years. He's suffered from throat cancer for years. He's had numerous surgeries, etc. He hasn't been able to eat for well over a year. He is fed through a feeding tube. He is now in ICU because of a staff infection. He also aspirated some food into his lungs yesterday. He easily chokes on his own saliva because he is unable to swollow. Long story short, this could finally be his end days. Please pray that when God says it's time for him to go, he go peacefully.

Well, time to get busy with all the cleaning.

If I don't get back in here to blog before Santa arrives, I hope all of you have a blessed Christmas.

3 comments:

Jay Phillippi said...

Kim,
My prayers are with both your dads and with you. It's oh so hard to watch someone close to you go through this. My hope is that you all find peace in this season.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Peace
Jay

PseudoPiskie said...

Not the best time of year for parents' worrying us. Prayers ascending, Kim. Keep grinning as I know you will. And take care of yourself.

Shel

Kim said...

Thank you JP and Shel for the very kind words. You both have "been there and done that" with your family members. I'm just not prepared for the path I may be led down. I'm selfish. I want my Dad here forever.

Thank you for the prayers. I truly appreciate it.

Kim