Monday, May 26, 2008

Ever?

Ever feel like you want to just disappear into a hole? Like a black hole? Like a hole that doesn't exist so that you don't exist either? That's kinda the way I'm feeling right now.

I had to help lead the singing of our National Anthem in church yesterday. I had a lot of drainage and didn't do my best, but I didn't think it was that bad until today. I read a friend's blog and found out that it sounded like a pig receiving a procto exam! Then a poster comments that he's heard me sing before and it would make your dog walk backwards. What the f#^*?

Now I wish I could rewind to yesterday and just take it all back. I would never have gotten up to sing. I wouldn't have sounded like a pig with something shoved up my ass.

Damn, I need that black hole to just swollow me up RIGHT NOW!!! Think I'll avoid church services for a bit.

God, how utterly embarrassing.

Happy Memorial Day to all. It's a memorable one for me!

5 comments:

Jay Phillippi said...

Kim,
The Bible says to make a joyful noise unto the Lord. I don't say that to be glib or flip. It takes a helluva lot of courage to stand up and do that (well, for most people. Hams like me love it!)

So here's my question to you: Did you do the best you could in that time and place? Then God was pleased.

Poop on the others. Plus I think I know whose blog you're referring to and I took it to mean HE sounded like the procto pig. In an earlier post he'd talked about him "screeching out the high notes".

I think you're both wonderful. And while I'm loathe to speak for the Big Guy in the Sky I'm willing to bet he does too.

Peace
JP

Unknown said...

{{{Kim!!!!}}}

Since when must one have The Perfect Voice to sing at church? I'm sure your singing was just fine, and if anyone doesn't like it, they can go to a nice early Rite I service somewhere.

And Kim, you DO make a joyful noise unto the Lord. From your heart, your person, your very being, for all you do at the church, all you do as a Mom, all you do as a wife, and all you do as a friend. Don't ever forget that.

Hugs and Love!

John

Joan Lucia-Treese said...

{{{{{KIM}}}}}


Joan

PseudoPiskie said...

The birds sing without wondering whether they sing well or not. You were singing for God. Email me the critical blog urls and I'll post a comment.

Lee M. Davenport said...

I thought we settled this, Kim. I wasn't speaking of you.

If I had the poor taste to think such a thing about you, I certainly wouldn't blog it for you and the entire world to see.

I'll tell you again that I'm sorry you misunderstood.