Saturday, September 8, 2007

About Me

Just to let you know a bit about myself........

I have been parish administrator for the local Episcopal Church for over 28 years. I am currently going to college part time pursuing my degreee in elementary education. I won't be finished in time to be able to teach my daughter (she's currently in fifth grade) but I hope to finish in the next three or four years. I'm so excited about this career change. I've always wanted to be a teacher.

It's good to have goals and dreams. It's even a little sweeter when we get to work toward meeting them!

I am blessed with a very smart, wonderful husband. We've been together for a loooooong time. We've been married for more than 14 years and have an almost-eleven-year-old daughter. We also have two dogs, a fish and a guinea pig. Yes, life is fun and fast paced at our house!

My daughter is gorgeous, very smart and the most wonderful part of my life. I never knew how much a human being could love another human being until I had her.

My husband and I feel very, very blessed indeed to have our daughter. We waited until we were in our late thirties to start a family. Our first attempt ended in a miscarriage which was devastating. But, we tried again, and hit the jackpot!!! Warning: parenthood is NOT for wimps! It's the hardest yet most satisfying and rewarding "job" you'll ever have. I know I've learned a lot in these nearly eleven years.

Guess I'll stop there for now. I'm sure I'll talk lots more about me and my family as I continue to blog.

6 comments:

Lee M. Davenport said...

Well, you could say something about your BFF!

PseudoPiskie said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Kim! It can become addictive and you have no time for that so be careful, please.

Janis Bland said...

Hey Kim! I'm thrilled to see you dipping your toe in!

Love you girl!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Kim!

I can't wait to see what you post, I've a feeling this is going to be excellent!

All the best,

John

Midnight Oil said...

Welcome, Kim! I can't wait to read your thoughts. I'll add you to my links.

Jay Phillippi said...

Hey Kim
Welcome!
Jay