Thursday, September 20, 2007

I am Pooped!!!

What a week!

Went to the Vestry meeting this past Monday to "set the record" straight on a few things. I was very well received and thanked over and over for being there to clear up so much. I even received phone calls and emails the next day! One to apologize for the way I've been treated lately and one to thank me AGAIN for coming, what a great job I did, would I be willing to come to every meeting?????? Uh, no. But, I must admit that I feel somewhat better. I now know that my angst is not with a group of folks, but with one. He does NOT speak for the majority.

Well, today just about did me in. Dropped daughter off at school, went to the office for a bit, left for school at 9:15, attended lab, had packed a picnic lunch which I enjoyed with Jimbo (some folks will know of whom I speak), back to the classroom for a looooong lecture, back to Bristol just in time to pick daughter up from school. From there we went back to the office until a bit after 5. Then we had to go buy a pair of socks, make a deposit at the bank, go to the grocery store and spirit daughter off to her cheerleading practice. While she practiced, I studied. Then home to feed the family, the animals and then off to pick up hubby across town where he dropped off his truck for service. Back home to fold clothes, put more clothes in dryer, bake two pineapple upside down cakes and two batches of brownies. I finally sat down to eat a sandwich then had to wrap said baked goods. Jeez, I'm pooped. Wonder why????

Well, the baked goods are for yet another fund raiser we are doing to earn money for our acolytes. We have raised money to attend the Annual Acolyte Festival in Washington, DC in early October. We now need to raise the funds to help us get through to the end of the year. Like purchasing additional albs and cinctures. For paying for lock-ins/training sessions. Anyway...that's what the baked goodies are for.

I've had a very interesting week. That I must admit. I began the week with a very heavy heart. I knew that I had to face the Vestry to discuss some "issues". But that all worked out great. I was told by our Director of Christian Formation that she plans to "retire" January 6, 2008. (There goes my sounding board!) Although I'm sad for me and the parish, I'm very happy for her. Our organist was accosted by a member of the parish during our annual Rally Day get together this past Sunday. My Biology professor just keeps on lecturing even though he's about three or four days ahead of the syllabus. That means he is lecturing on stuff that won't be on the test next Thursday, but we still have to listen to it all and read all the chapters concerning the new information. My head is about to explode!

No comments: