Sunday, September 16, 2007

What a Beautiful Sunday!

Well, today was a very lovely day. After the week I had, I was very, very pleased that all went well at church today.

Today was our annual Rally Day. We picnic together and worship together and just have fun. The kiddies can make crafts or have their faces painted or play the piano.... Anywho, both of my co-chairs for the event couldn't be there! So, of course all was left to me. Toward the end of the event, I was getting ready to ask for folks to help with clean up but I got derailed by an overflowing toilet in the Women's restroom. By the time I got the mess cleaned up and the toilet unplugged, nearly everyone was gone! One family stayed and put up the crafts and paints for me. One gentleman, bless his heart because he brought the hot dogs to be grilled and made the chili and helped in the kitchen, stayed until we had all the dishes and pots and pans done. I soooo appreciate him.

By the time we were done and I locked up the building, daughter and I came home with me intending to study. But I decided I needed to go to my folks' house and blow the debris off their long driveway. (My Dad couldn't get his blower to work yesterday and nearly killed himself trying. He has a very serious heart condition and is not doing well.) So, I packed up and went over there. After that was done, I came home and plopped on the couch. Instead of studying, I took a much-needed long nap. I just couldn't keep my eyes open.

Husband came home around 4 or 4:30 after "dealing" with his mother and two of his younger brothers (I shan't post about all that drama). Hubby says, "how 'bout we go out to dinner tonight?" Are you kidding me??? Oh, yeah. I was soooo happy not to have to cook tonight.

The temps in our region are absolutely magnificent. It was in the 70's today and the 40's last night. Oh, yeah. Now you're talkin' my kinda temps!!

Here's to looking for more of the same!

6 comments:

Janis Bland said...

It has been a glorious weekend, weather-wise, hasn't it? I'm reveling in the cooler temps. David even whined yesterday, "I'm cold!" Sheesh!

Janis Bland said...

Oh, yeah. I tried to nap this afternoon. David was out on the bike. Every time I nearly nodded off on the couch, I got either Gleason's cold nose, or Bruno: "Mmmph. Mmmmmmph. MMMPHHHMP! MmmmooooOOWWW!!!"

After about the 6th time outside, I gave up. So now I'm ready for bed.

Lee M. Davenport said...

Had I known you needed help cleaning up, I could have dropped Dawn and the kids at home and come back.

All you had to do was ask. Why didn't you ask? I had absolutely no idea.

Kim said...

Lee, darling. A couple of reasons. First, as I said, I was derailed by an overflowing toilet, which I spent considerable time plunging and cleaning up after. Everyone was pretty much gone when I returned. Second, you do so much now to help me out. You don't need to stay and clean. I'm well aware of your health restraints and assumed you would need to go get some rest. I know you've been having a difficult time lately.

I know that had I asked you, you would have helped. I didn't want you to help because you needed to spend time with your family and to get some rest. I love knowing you are there when I need you. But, I'm not going to wear out the few willing folks when there are so many others to ask. However, I stuck cleaning up a royal mess. It's all good!! Smoochers

Unknown said...

Sounds like you deserved that nap girl! With everything you do, make sure to get in your rest!

And we're having some nice cooler weather here, too -- and yes indeed, it is most welcome.

Matter of fact, as I type this, I'm sitting on the patio (alone) at one of the local coffeehouses. It's on a corner in a pretty much residential neighborhood. And right now, so quiet -- just the tap of the computer keys, the treefrogs, and a nice little breeze.

:-)


John

Kim said...

Oh, John. That's sound so deeeevine.

Wish I were there.