Friday, September 21, 2007

Thank God It's Friday

This has been another week from h - e - double hockey sticks. I'm so glad the work part of the week is over and done.

Went to Super Walmart after work today to buy a few things (yeah, a cart full later...). I'm really starting to hate Halloween. They had all these costumes out at the store and of course my daughter (who is nearly 11) just had to find her costume. Well, finding a costume we can agree on is nearly impossible. But, we finally managed to find something. This cheap little costume and the accessories cost nearly $30!!! She'll wear it for one day. Jeez, what a racket.

I saw a house decorated for Christmas! I shit thee not. Bows, lights, wreaths, tree, and so on. Good Lord, deliver us.

Think I'll just chill a bit tonight and surf around the 'net for a bit. Maybe even play a game or two...which is something I love to do but haven't in a very long time.

5 comments:

PseudoPiskie said...

Our WallyWorld had Christmas stuff out in August. They have a large display now just behind the Halloween costumes.

Kim said...

Isn't that sad? Good Lord, let's get through Halloween. It would be nicer if we could wait 'til Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Stores here have the Christmas Chrap out already as well. I think it's obnoxious. By the time the season actually comes around, we'll be sick of seeing it.

Thank God for Advent. They haven't commercialized that...yet.

As far as the price of Halloween costumes, I'm not surprised. I don't know how working couples do it, I really don't. From my time in retail, kids stuff costs a FORTUNE. Just to tog the little one's out for a week darn near requires a second mortgage on the house.

John

Joan Lucia-Treese said...

I haven't been to our local Dillard's lately, but they usually have their Christmas Shoppe up around now and no later than next week!

At the rate the stores are going, why not just leave the Christmas decorations out 365 days???

I REFUSE to EVEN consider that Christmas is coming until December!! I think that's one of the reasons that Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays!

Kim said...

Good for you, Joan.

I LOVE Christmas, but this is ridiculous. I'm not allowed to play Christmas music around any of my family until Thanksgiving...I can live with that. We normally put lights on the house Thanksgiving weekend...only because we've got the time off from work. We don't usually turn them on until sometime in December.

Do these people who are decorating their houses NOW, even know what Christmas is about?