Saturday, September 29, 2007

Lovely Saturday

Wow! What gorgeous weather we are having here in upper east Tennessee. Absolutely glorious. Sunny. Cool. Just perfect.

Today has been a really lovely day. The weather. The fact I slept in. Just piddling around the house.

Then we made our first trip to a brand new Sam's Club. Wow! We spent a couple of hours up there. It's really nice. I know there are those who don't care for Sam's/Wal-Mart...but when you're on a very tight budget, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Did I mention the fact that we had to have our car repaired? I had purchased my tires from them (a few years ago) and had purchased the road hazard insurance. Well, I picked up a nail in a tire last week, so I finally made the time to take it up there for repair. Nice new thing...if you have a Sam's Club membership, you can have your car tires repaired for free, even if you didn't buy the tires there!! Sweet, huh?

I hate to even think of it, but I need to get back to studying. Our prof. continued lecturing on chapters which weren't going to be covered in our test last Thursday. We are now two weeks ahead of schedule according to our syllabus! That means I need to get busy and read to get caught up to the lectures. I just wouldn't read those chapters before the test because I needed to concentrate on the chapters we were being tested on. So now, I need to play "catch-up." For those of you who don't know...I am back in school earning my degree in elementary education. I am currently taking a Biology class.

So.......off I go. Reading and reading and reading and................

Here's hoping your Saturday is as glorious as mine.

2 comments:

Lee M. Davenport said...

My Saturday was hectic as you-know-what!

But I think I told you about it.

Housecleaning, laundry, errands, shopping, yelling at children. Oy.

Dawn went out with her sister and was gone from 4 p.m. until nearly midnight! Who does she think she is, a 20-year-old? I've got news for her. She's 43!

Wish I had the energy to do such things, truthfully.

Are you as excited as I am about our Washington trip? By this time next week, it'll all be over. :-(

Kim said...

No, Lee darling...she doesn't think she's 20 years old. She thinks she's a hard working woman who deserves to let her hair down every now and again.

I am VERY excited about our DC trip. Can't wait. I wish we could stay a whole week. Ah well...we take what we get.