Thursday, September 13, 2007

Busy, busy times

Today is Thursday, which means it's my looooong day for school. I have a morning Biology Lab (2 hours) a thirty minute break followed by a 1 hour 20 minute lecture. Sweet Lee, my dear friend, fills in at the office whilst I'm away. He answers the phone, directs folks, stuffs bulletins and redoes coloring boards for the kiddies. He also does a host of other items...like filling finger fonts with Holy Water, making business cards for staff members. Oh, he's a gem. A real "jack of all trades".

Todays lab was actually a lot of fun. We had to test many items with certain chemicals...see if/what reaction we got and document it. Then, we had to test unknown items with known chemicals and figure out what the unknown item was. It was a blast. I love mixing and swirling test tubes.

Thursdays begin with me taking daughter to school, going to the office for a while, going to school for a few hours, returning to the office for several hours (usually working until 6 or 6:30). Whew. Loooong day. But so worth it. I can't wait to be a teacher.

I must keep telling myself that. Yes, I want to be a teacher. I CAN do this. I WILL do this.

I'm pooped. But, it's a good pooped.

This weekend promises to be very busy. I have a ton of studying and reading to do. It's also our Rhythm and Roots Festival. Do a Google search for it, if you have an interest. People come from all over. It's not really "my thing", but tons of people love it. Saturday morning, they have a bunch of games and activities for kids *FREE. Of course, I'll be taking daughter and probably a friend of hers. I took her and a couple of her friends last year and we all had a blast. There is soooo much to do.

Then we have to get home to get ready for a birthday party daughter is invited to. We travel to Johnson City. Then I'll finally get to come home early evening to relax before I have to go to church on Sunday morning for our annual big picnic at church. Whew. No rest for the wicked.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You can, and you will be a teacher, my dear friend!

I love your postings! DO keep us posted on your coursework!

Actually, I have selfish reasons for asking you to do that. I need to upgrade some skillsets. So I be hitting the books as well next semester!

Hugs!

John

Kim said...

Thank you, John. I really appreciate that. Some days it's hard to stay focused on that brass ring.

What are you getting ready to take up?

Lee M. Davenport said...

Thanks for the kind words about moi. You know I enjoy helping in the office.

Of course, remember that I'm gunning for your job when you move on to teaching. ;-)

Be sure to teach me everything I need to know before you leave. I need to be properly prepared.

I already know I'll have to deal with a lot of bullshit, but there's still a lot I don't know.

Don't worry; I'm a quick learner.